Students will be introduced to the main characteristics of the Greek political and legal environment as well as the European framework, through a series of lectures and workshops that will take place at the heart of the country’s government and juridical system. They will also be given the opportunity to discuss with key figures who will be invited to meet the students during the sessions (i.e. a Supreme Court judge during the visit to the Supreme Court, and an MP who serves on the social justice committee of the Parliament).
The course’s aims and objectives will be assessed via a group presentation students will be asked to prepare, and a report that will be submitted at the end.
- Get to know the Greek Judicial System through expertly guided tours: The court of Cassation, the Council of State, and the Chamber of Accounts
- Explore the Greek Parliament and learn about parliamentary procedures, the history of the Parliament building, and the Greek form of government
- Learn about the refugee crisis and its wider economic and social implications, and meet with NGO’s working on the border hotspots
- Explore the link between ancient and contemporary Greek political and legal culture
PERKS & OPTIONS
What is included in our programs?
- 3 US credits provided by the Hellenic American University
- Accommodation in hand-picked and well-located superior class hotels
- Breakfast and lunch
- Professionals e.g. licensed guides, lecturers, and tour managers
- Entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites
- All land and sea transportation included in the itinerary of the specific program
- Information material
- Local taxes
- Travel insurance
- Transport to and from the airport in Greece
- Airfares to and from Greece
- Any custom request