Home > Routes > History of Ancient & Modern Olympic Games
History of Ancient & Modern Olympic Games
Athens Corinth Nemea Olympia Delphi Marathon
Join us on the journey to exploring the significance of diet and sports in ancient Greece. This 8-day journey will provide educational and experiential seminars and workshops regarding the history of sports practices and Mediterranean (Athletic) Diet.
Walk with us through time to the origin of the Ancient Olympic Games and other sports events to learn about these ancient practices, as well as participate in games and the preparation of Mediterranean meals. Discover how the legacies of ancient games and diet are alive today in contemporary sports and Mediterranean Diet.
- 1. Olympic Games and Sanctuaries in Ancient Greece (theory & praxis)
- 2. History of Modern Olympic Games (theory & praxis)
- 3. Mediterranean diet - from Ancient to Modern Greece (theory & praxis)
- Marvel at the foremost masterpieces of Classical Greece, the eternal Parthenon and the exquisite Acropolis of Athens.
- Explore the places where the Panhellenic Games of Ancient Greece, such as the Isthmian, the Nemean and the Pythian were held.
- Trace the origins of the Olympic Games at Ancient Greece's most significant religious and athletic centre, the sublime Olympia.
- Visit fascinating archaeological museums, such as the new Acropolis Museum and the stunning Archaeological Museum of Olympia, led by highly-qualified, licensed archaeologists.
- Indulge yourself in the most important athletic and cultural event of antiquity; the Olympic Games, through intriguing, certified seminars and workshops by enthusiastic lecturers.
Day 1 - Athens
Day 2 - Corinth
Day 3 - Nemea
Day 4 & 5 - Olympia
Day 6 - Delphi
Day 7 - Athens
Day 8 - Marathon
What is included
- 7 nights accommodation in hand-picked and well-located superior class hotels, including breakfast or half board
- Entrance fees to museums and archaeological sites
- Professional licensed guides, lecturers and tour manager
- Transport by deluxe air-conditioned coach
- Information material
- Local taxes
What is not included
- Airfares to/from Greece
- Gratuities (optional)
- Anything not specified in the "what is included" section
Mentor | Historic Routes in Greece
190, Andrea Syngrou Ave., 176 71, Athens, Greece
(Monday-Friday from 10am to 6pm GMT+2)
T: (+30) 210 300 8333